Wednesday, August 27, 2008

XTERRA Series Wrap-up

The XTERRA Utah Trail Running Series was really fun!

Thoughts:

--That first race was scary... I didn't know if I could finish all of them after that first 10K

--Each race was completely different

--My only goal was to finish all 4. SUCCESS!!!

--I also ended up 1st in the series for my age group; it was a nail biter though

--Weren't we supposed to get some sort of finisher's prize though??

--The half marathon (not put on by Striders) was the most disorganized of the races
*The bus schedule was all messed up
*The XTERRA people were set on setting up this stupid balloon arch thing
*We (runners) didn't get any food coupons for the post-race party
*There was no clear-cut bag check
*The race was about 2 miles short!

--Lung issues made it tough to run that XDURO race, but I ended up 3rd in my age group, even after taking it REALLY slowly

--The trails and weather were beautiful for every race

--My favorite hands-down was the race at Snowbird

--And they had $10 haircuts at the finish line of the XDURO :-)

2 comments:

Old School Runner said...

Congratulations on the series victory! I hope everything works out with your breathing problem. Take care of yourself!

Anonymous said...

Steph,

Do you know anyone that is going to Xterra nationals trail running In Sept? I'm looking at going and hoping to find someone who wants to split the cost.

Troy@dynatron.com