Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Still Running...

This has been a weird summer.

May--This was the rebuilding period after the Boston Marathon, the prep for my triathlon in August. I didn't throw down any really long runs, but I started feeling strong again.

June--I managed to ride my longest bike ride ever (61+ miles), followed by a 41 mile ride the next day. Long runs hovered around 13 or so miles. Starting to rebuild!

July--Crash and burn. I ran about 8 miles in the entire month, between horrible, incapacitating pain and then moving from DC to TX. But squeezed in some R&R and a lot of kayaking! That was worth it though.

August--Squeezed in 86.7 miles of running, and lots of x-training. I am HOOKED on off-road triathlons, and I can't wait to do more! Utah is going to be such a blessing. The training that the Air Force is putting me through is proving to be pretty tough!

1-18 Sept--Not sure of the mileage, but my long runs are around 90+ minutes. I can do at least 7 pull-ups in a row, or over 20 per workout. Mtn biking is saving my sanity. I am the fitness leader of my flight, so I have scheduled some quality speedwork into our training. It must be working a little bit because 14 out of 18 in my class improved their fitness test scores in only 7 weeks! I ran a 9:45 in my last 1.5 mi test, which isn't too bad.

Project--I have an idea for a project. A really fun, experimental, and amazing project for runners. I need to brainstorm a bit more, but I am excited! Stay tuned...

Hope you had a GREAT summer!

2 comments:

E-Speed said...

glad you are still running! Hope that the air force training is keeping you motivated!

Benson said...

Very good to hear you're running again and great fitness test results. You rock.
Yeah, a stranger summer indeed. I hope it's worked out now.
Can't wait to hear about your project. Do you need subjects for the experiment? I wouldn't mind being a lab rat.