Tuesday, August 07, 2007

TEXAS!

I'm in Texas, in the thick of a training program in San Antonio. Lots to report, no time to do it!

Camp Eagle XTERRA was a BLAST! I have never had so much fun in an athletic event in my LIFE! My face hurt from smiling too much. Now everything else just hurts a lot. If you remotely like mtn biking or trail running, XTERRA is for you! I am officially hooked!

This mystery GYN problem has put almost everything athletic on hold for the past few months. Fortunately I was able to finish the XTERRA though on minimal training. I will not sign up for any other races until the docs can figure out what's going on. Hopefully I can at least run one fall 1/2 marathon.

Air Force life has been interesting over the past few months: moving out of DC, a training program in San Antonio, and then the big move to Ogden, Utah.

Good luck out there!

5 comments:

Old School Runner said...

Happy to see you've resurfaced and things are moving along! You missed another hot and hilly Riley's Rumble, but it sounds like you had a great time with the triathlon!

Spokane Al said...

Glad to hear that things are going well for you. I suspect that it is a bit toasty in Texas.

Good luck on your racing and career.

Anonymous said...

So nice to have you back! Moving is always hard. Hope you settle okay. Ann

Benson said...

Ah, so good to hear from you. You've got me curious about xterra. I hope all your issues work out soon and well.
Good luck with the move. Ogden is a nice place.

Anonymous said...

You will love Ogden, the weather there is so much more friendly to outdoor pursuits than DC or TX.

home health