Saturday, February 21, 2009

Lost Dutchman Half Marathon

15 Feb: Lost Dutchman Half Marathon, 1:35:23
------------------------------------------------------
Race--I had a super bad sore throat the day/night before the race. I started feeling pretty bad. Then I had to get up super early to drive to the race. I didn't have high hopes. And it was pretty cold. So I wore warm clothes, camped out near the start, shed all but the important clothes, and the gun went off. I just decided to run controlled and see what happens. I wanted to negative split, if I could... And this race ended up as a PR for me!

New PR--Last year I ran this course in 1:38:19, and my previous PR was 1:36:53 (on a downhill course). I think this is a pretty big PR!

Course--Half paved road, half dirt road. Rolling hills and a big hill at ~mile 10. I am a good downhill runner, but I need to work on the uphills. Is there a secret?? I always get crushed. I practice running uphill often, but I think I'm doing something wrong. Share the secret!

Future--Who knows... if I can run a 1:35 on a hilly dirt road, what will I run in April on a downhill course? I'm excited to see what I can do.

Splits:
7:13
7:25
7:28
7:26
7:02
14:26
7:21
7:18
7:49 (dirt hill)
6:58
6:52
7:13
:44
Total time 1:35:23, 7:16 pace

No comments: