Saturday, February 28, 2009

More, Faster Running (?)

22 Feb: Rest
23 Feb: 2 mi WU, 8x400/2:00 rest, 2 mi cool (7 mi total)
24 Feb: CrossFit 3x3 back squat (90#), "Helen"
25 Feb: 2000m swim
26 Feb: Rest
27 Feb: 1 mi WU, 3 mi tempo (7:02, 7:00, 6:53), CrossFit "Jen T"
28 Feb: 2:30 run in the mountains!!!! WOO HOO!!!!
------------------------------------------------------
Coaching--Now that my lung problems have been somewhat solved, I decided to take it one step further (again) and ask if I could join Paul Pilkington's coaching group. So my first session was back on 23 Feb at the Weber State indoor track. I think it's going to work out.

8x4--Splits were 1:23, 1:27, 1:25, 1:25, 1:26, 1:26, 1:27, 1:26

Work--I know, I know. It's just a job. But my job isn't just a job to me. I really care about the people that work for me, I work my buns off everyday, and my job is to prevent every worker on the base from becoming ill (or worse) from the workplace or terrorist event. I take my job seriously. But I work too many hours, and I take on too much. It's interfering with everything else in my life. Is it possible to care too much? No. Is it possible to learn how to say "no" when I think too much is asked of me? Yes. Enough said.

Mountain Run--No, it wasn't on asphalt, but I needed a mental break from running up and down that stupid hill. I ran on the Bonneville Shoreline Trail, and more than 50% of the run was covered in snow, the hard ice-covered type. The stabilizing muscles in my lower legs are going to kill tomorrow. But it was WONDERFUL to run outside and run in the mountains.
------------------------------------------------------
CrossFit "Helen"
3 rounds for time (8:58)
400m run
21 kettlebell swings (16kg)
12 pull-ups

CrossFit "Jen T"
3 rounds for time (9:13)
15 deadlift (100#)
Row 250m
15 GHD sit-ups

No comments: