Sunday, April 26, 2009

Recovery

21 Apr: Rest, return to Utah
22 Apr: Swim 30 min (sleep from 6PM to 4:45AM)
23 Apr: Bike 25 min
24 Apr: Swim 45 min, including 1000m freestyle
25 Apr: Rest
------------------------------------------------------
Recovery--I learned a lot about recovery also. I think I did a lot of things right for once!

-Walked around a lot after the race. We had to get back to the T.
-Ate a meal within an hour of finishing (burger)
-Drank a LOT of water, at least 3 water bottles within 2-3 hours of finishing
-Short, warm shower after returning and then a 15 min ice bath
-Going to bed early, sleeping for at least 7 hours
-Eating a large breakfast
-Snacking throughout my trip back to Utah and drinking water
-Going to bed early when my body was tired
-Swimming helps tremendously!

No comments: