Sunday, July 06, 2008

Trying to handle life

23-27 June: nothing at all
28 June: XTERRA 8K at Snowbird and 13 mi mtn bike
29 June-1 July: zip
2 July: run 2 mi
3 July: PT test (1.5 mi, pushups, sit-ups)
4 July: run 30 min at Wheeler Creek
5 July: mtn bike (~4 hrs) at Snowbasin

Training in general--I had to work 12-hr PM shifts, which really messed with my sleeping and eating schedule. Hopefully things get straightened out.

Work--is killing me. I loathe and dread Mondays, and I often wonder why I am in the job I'm in. I leave everyday so absolutely stressed, angry, pressured. I had to leave work twice last week during lunch just to cry in my car to blow off steam. I think it'll get better though. I do have pride in the work I do, and I will always try my best though.

Balance--I am disappointed in this area too. I am finding it incredibly difficult to balance work, sports, fun time, and my fiance who lives in FL. I think we need to set boundaries regarding our time. A project for this week...

Fun--Mtn biking at Snowbasin was really fun. I went with a friend, and it was his first time mtn biking. I hope we go back. XTERRA 8K was absolutely fantastic! It was 100x easier than Wolf Mtn, and I can't wait for the others in the series!!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Steph,

Sorry to hear you're stressed at work. Stress does such bad things to our bodies, but exercise and just basic looking after ourselves is the best way to treat/prevent it!

I was in a similar frame of mind last week, wondering why I keep worrying about work when other people seem to just cruise through their day. One thing that has helped me is just accepting that it will be hectic for a while, acknowledge that I do get paid to worry about the little things that noone else notices, and best of all, keeping focused on my next posting - which is one I have wanted since the start of my career! (it's also nice to hear that other people I admire - you - go through the same things)

You seem to have such a good family bond, and you also have a wedding to look forward too... hopefully those things can pull you through.

Best of luck,

Ann