Sunday, July 20, 2008

Update

8 July: rest
9 July: 2 mi at lunch, mtn bike 2+ hrs
10 July: rest
11 July: ??
12 July: 7 miles + Gate-to-Gate 10K
13-15 July: Vegas!!
16 July: 45 min run
17 July 3 mi EZ
18 July: rest
19 July: XTERRA Antelope Island 12K

Mtn Biking--Wheeler Canyon is insanely fun, but I am taking a break from mtn biking for a little bit while my hand heals up. My disk breaks squeek horribly. I don't know how to fix that.

Gate-to-Gate 10K--It was 5K out (downhill) and 5K back (up). I ran 21:00 for the first half and then 26:03 on the way back! OUCH! It was uphill and into the wind on the way back, and I had already run over 11 miles by that point. 2nd overall woman though.

Vegas--Holy cow, one of the best weekends of my LIFE! A friend and his girlfriend flew in from FL to meet me there. We took the first part to the Certified Health Physics exam, which is a story in itself... I didn't even bring my running shoes with me!

XTERRA--I started in the back of the pack again. It's hard to judge these things. The first 3-4 miles was slightly uphill in sand. Then it was 3+ miles downhill to the finish. I was dogging it during those first few miles, but then I just tried to pick it up little by little, and I ended up finishing as 1st woman overall. I didn't even know! My only goal in this series was to finish all of the races! I won a new pair of trail shoes. Pretty neat. Almost every running picture of me includes me getting crushed by an old man.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling of being crushed by an old man or just as bad a teenager. I have been running the xterra races and will be running the 1/2 at snowbasin. So after reading you blog I take it you have ran or mtn biked the coarse. how is it compared to the other xterra races? troy@dynatron.com