Saturday, November 08, 2008

First Day of Boston Training

But first some updates...

21 Oct: run 36 min
22 Oct: Crossfit--1K row, 1 mi run, 100 box jumps, 100 min run
23 Oct: Crossfit--1K row, 7 minutes of 7 sumo/7 pull-ups
24 Oct: PT session

Jump rope for 1 min between each round of 1 min each:
Bicep curls with heavy weights
Tricep dips with a bench
Squats with a bar
Touch your knee to your elbow
Push-ups (one foot up at a time)
Jump rope backward
Lunge jumps (switch feet)
Shoulder press

25-27 Oct: rest (beginning of ORE, 12-hr shifts)
28 Oct: Crossfit "Cuban Refugee"--row 100m sprints x 10/1 min rest then sprint 50m x 5
29 Oct: Crossfit "Jumping Badger"--30 reps 45# squat clean/30 pull-ups/30 box jumps
30-31 Oct: rest (still ORE)
1 Nov: Crossfit "Team Purgatory"

"Team Purgatory"
Teams of 3, two are working out, one is resting at all times, rotate anytime
3 min box jumps
3 min fire hose drag
3 min dummy carry
3 min lunging with a huge pipe full of water
3 min dumbell shoulder snatches

2 Nov: rest
3 Nov: Crossfit "Snatch Happy"--hang power snatch 5 x 2, 5 x 1
4 Nov: Crossfit "One Round Helen"--strict press 3 x 5 (50#), then one round of Helen (3:27)

"Helen"
21 kettlebell swings
Run 400m
12 pull-ups (I actually did all 12)

5 Nov: Crossfit "Utah Affiliate Challenge"--7 rounds for time of 10 med ball cleans (14#), 10 burpees (8:57)
6 Nov: Crossfit "Pull-up Ladder"--1 pu in 1st min, 2 in 2nd, etc. Made it to 8 min for 36 pu
7 Nov: PT session

1 min of each, count all reps
Push-ups
Heel touches
Shoulder press
Side to side jump over rope
Squat with shoulder press
Kettlebell swing

Then 0.5 mi warm up, 0.5 mi fast (6:30 pace), 0.25 mi recovery, then 0.5 fast (6:10 pace), then 0.5 cool down

8 Nov: Crossfit "Team Diane" (5:07), run 8 mi at 8:26/mi (1:07:37)

"Team Diane"
Teams of two perform the following
21, 15, 9 team deadlift (2 people on the bar at the same time, 145#)
21, 15, 9 handstand pushups
------------------------------------------------------
Crossfit--every workout begins with a 1K meter row and 3 rounds of Cindy (5 pull-ups, 10 push-ups, 15 air squats). I can already tell a difference in my entire body. It's absolutely incredible, and it's FUN. I LOVE this gym.

Marathoning--I registered for the Boston and Ogden Marathons. Super stoked! It will be interesting to see what happens to my running now that I will have more the strength component. I need to figure out what my running is going to look like though. I consider Boston training to start TODAY. 5.5 months left...

Lungs--My visits the pulmonologist were well worth it. I tried albuterol, and that was TERRIBLE. I'm now on Singulair which has really changed my life. It still wears off a bit toward the end of the day, but I feel so much better in the morning.

AF X-Country Team--I am almost done filling out the application for the x-country team. I know my chances are VERY slim (I've only run one "worthy" 5K in the past 3 years. My best races have been half marathons.) If I don't get it this year, I'll just enter shorter races, train like crazy, and apply next year. I am definitely applying for the AF Marathon Team this fall though.

Life in General--Things at work have been pretty busy (i.e. mandatory 12-hr days, most of the time in a gas mask, etc). I feel like I have some things under control though: publication, wedding stuff, beginning marathon training, my health, some time to myself (reading, cooking), sleeping.

No comments: