Sunday, January 02, 2011

Progress Will NOT Be Overshadowed by One Event

30 Nov: Row 5k
1-7 Dec: None (cortisone shot in the ankle, then re-rolled it)
8 Dec: Run 30 min
9 Dec: None
10 Dec: Run 20 min
11 Dec: Run 29 min
12 Dec: Run 91 min
13 Dec: Core
14 Dec: None
15 Dec: AM - swim 30 min, PM - CrossFit
16 Dec: None
17 Dec: Swim 30 min
18 Dec: Run 20 min
19 Dec: Attempted Jacksonville 1/2, but made it 5 miles before knees exploded
20 Dec: None
21 Dec: CrossFit
22 Dec: CrossFit
23 Dec: CrossFit
24 Dec: CrossFit (12 Days of Christmas workout!)
25 Dec: None
26 Dec: Home CrossFit, bike 45 min
27 Dec: CrossFit, bike 21 min
28 Dec: CrossFit
29 Dec: Swim 30 min
30 Dec: None (whew!)
31 Dec: CrossFit
1 Jan: Run 20 min
2 Jan: Run 3 mi (1200, 800, 400)
----------------------------------------------
JAX Half--I signed up to run the Jacksonville Half a while ago, hoping having a goal would help me focus on healing. Well, my foot felt great when I started running. I ran 4 miles, and then all of a sudden, my kneecaps felt like they completely ripped apart. I couldn't run another step. It was awful! So I decided that instead of suffering through 8 really cold, slow, painful miles, it was just easier to throw in the towel and focus on healing even more.

PT Test--I also came to the realization today that this will be the first time I don't get a 100% on my PT test. I did a practice run today, and my back was so sore that I had to stop. Before I take my test, I'll make sure I'm completely hydrated, my body has time to rest, and I keep running in the meantime. Kind of nervous about it though... Ugh!

I love running--I just gotta remember that I love running. It's fun, I feel good when I run, and I love the sense of accomplishment and the feeling of hard work. Being able to run is a privilege that I haven't had over the past year.

No comments: