Sunday, September 25, 2016

Week 11

19-21 Sept:  None (still recovering)
22 Sept:  6 mi/60 min mountain biking, 1000 ft of climbing
23 Sept:  Basketball with the Flight (serious hip pain)
24 Sept:  None (hip pain)
25 Sept:  Run 30 min with baby stroller

It's clear that life is going to compete with my half marathon training.  I gotta figure out how to balance everything.  Lately I have been prone to sidelining right hip pain.  I need to be a lot more diligent in my hip strength/flexibility/rehab regimen.  This includes:
-- Glute strengthening
-- Stretching of hip flexors, IT band, piriformis, adductors, and all things hips
-- Core strengthening and planks
-- Foam rolling. 

Stretching needs to happen every day, and I really need to make a concerted effort to work on strengthening every other day.  Just a few minutes of time can really add up to huge gains.

Links for reference:
Hip Pain Info
"IT Band Hell"
Thorasic Stretch
Modified Couch Pigeon Pose





 

No comments: