Monday, May 05, 2008

"Get-your-life-back-in-order Day!"

Sometimes (often times) I am stupid.

But thankfully I took part in the "Get-your-life-back-in-order Day!" You can have these days whenever you want. I needed one last Friday.

I am mad at myself. My marathon times haven't improved, I haven't smashed my 5K PR, and summer's here without my even knowing it. BAH! I need to pull my head out of my rear end and run more miles (and bike and swim).

My body isn't in "bad" shape. It's not in the shape I want it to be in, but I think I can still pull off a good fall marathon. I can do better. And I will. My major health problems have (hopefully) been solved, and I'm ready to rock and roll.

I ran Boston in 3:50. I was also one of the last 10 people to start the race (I've actually had nightmares about that! Ha ha). My legs hurt so badly after the first half, that I decided to not look at the watch and enjoy the ride (as much as one can enjoy the 2nd half of a marathon).

I'm ready to WORK. I am ready to smash all of my PRs.

Here we go...!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good girl! Everyone needs to take stock of their lives every now and then. We change, grow, get distracted - which is fine! And then we refocus and remember what it is we want and go after it - all engines blaring :)

We are about to come into winter here so your post will make sure I don't hibernate and I'll keep my goals in sight.

Thanks again - I love reading your posts.

zhurnaly said...

Ditto to the above, Steph --- take care of your health, have fun at the job, keep striving and loving and growing ... and pls keep writing once in a while about progress --- you're doing great!

Benson said...

yeah, now that's what I like to hear. Being human is both humbling and amazing. Work with what you have and make it excellent!