Friday, March 02, 2007

Run, Core

2 March

Run: 10.5 mi
Core
------------------------------------------------------
Run--The plan called for a 9 mi run at planned marathon pace; I ran 8.8 mi slow tempo. I'm not really sure what pace that should be, so 7:45/mi sounded just fine to me. The left calf has a pretty bad knot, for some weird reason. Oh well, it's nothing a few cookies can't help! The wind was pretty bad at times, but the sunshine was absolutely amazing!!!

Nacho--I miss Nacho, our yellow lab, so much. Sadly we had to put him to sleep last June. My sister took a picture of him sitting in a cardboard box, and that pic sits on my nightstand next to my bed. It's the last thing I look at before I fall asleep. Nacho "visits" me on every run, I know it. I see at least one yellow lab that always look like he's smiling, giving me a little sign that Nacho told him to share a hello with me. Sometimes Nacho sends puppies or funny dogs my way. Today I saw a German Shepherd puppy and a ridiculously small chihuahua, which made me laugh. I also saw a golden retriever that I KNOW had talked with Nacho too. Thanks, Nacho, for being there for me today.

Perks--Being Jewish is odd sometimes. Saturday night the holiday of Purim begins, a holiday where we chant a really long story in Hebrew, use lots of loud noisemakers while the reader chants, eat lots of delicious triangle-shaped cookies, wear costumes, and drink so much that we can't tell the difference between major characters in the story. Who comes up with this stuff?! Our 'gogue puts on a full-blown musical in the midst of all of this, and I am singing in the chorus. Since the song we are performing is "Age of Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In" from Hair rewritten for Purim, I will be standing next to the Torah scrolls in a bodysuit and hotpants. (I'll take pics! Ha ha!) Time to make some hamantaschen before Shabbat starts! I can't WAIT for rabbinical school!!!!!!

Splits
1.7 mi WU, 15:45
3.5-4.0, 3:54
4.0-4.5, 3:49
4.5-5.0, 3:48
5.0-5.5, 3:41
5.5-6.0, 3:42
6.0-6.5, 3:38
6.5-7.0, 3:41
7.0-6.5, 3:47
6.5-6.0, 3:47
6.0-5.5, 3:34
5.5-5.0, 3:44
5.0-4.5, 3:50
4.5-4.0, 3:44
4.0-3.5, 3:40
1.8 to home, 12:51
Total time 1:21:02, total pace 7:43
Tempo time 1:05:27, tempo pace 7:26


How can one resist this cute face?

Snoozing Nacho and Steph

2 comments:

FitFire said...

Sorry to hear about Nacho.

I just got my new run partner 2 months ago.

She is not quite ready for it yet.

Chris

Spokane Al said...

So sorry to hear about your loss of your dog. I lost mine several years ago and have yet to fully recover. Perhaps we shouldn't be such softies.