Sunday, March 25, 2007

X-Train

19 March

X-Train: Hauling trees (7+ hr)
------------------------------------------------------
X-train--Most exhausting day of the trip, as we chopped down trees in the Birya Forest that had been burned by the katusha rockets from the war last summer. I have never seen so many dedicated people who poured their entire heart, soul, and being into such work. At the end of the day, I could faithfully say I could not have worked any harder. My efforts and labor made Eretz Yisrael a better, more beautiful place. Triathlon definitely helped prepare me for the work!!! After working, we visited an old synagogue from the year 440 CE and an Army base in the north. We stayed at Kibbutz Malkiya right on the northern border with Lebanon.

Flora and Steph during a break


The "after" picture of the Birya Forest

HUGE pile of dead trees we chopped down, a few miles along the road

"Forest-made" pita on a weird shield burning trees!

My Israeli military brethren

No comments: