Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Run, Core

9 May

Run: 9.3 mi
Core
------------------------------------------------------
Run--Usually this run is pretty low-key, but I was hurting today.

What to work on
Stretch a LOT more
Drink more fluids throughout the day (buy some yellow Gatorade)
Find an elastic visor, hat was too hot
Practice heat acclimation
More electrolytes! (Boston lesson)
Mental: 10 mi is a SHORT run!
Intensity may have to wait until the hormones level out
Still in recovery phase of training, be patient

Training--I am moving to San Antonio for 4 months starting in August and then I will be headed up to Ogden, Utah for 4 years. I want to have fun this summer with my training: go crazy exploring on my mountain bike SPOOKY, run 200's and 400's until I puke on the track, throw some weights around at the gym, play some kickball, enjoy running on the trails in Texas, and go NUTS at my first XTERRA triathlon! My next marathon will be Boston 2008. Utah is going to be SICK!

No comments: