Friday, April 20, 2007

Bike

20 April

Bike: 13.8 mi
------------------------------------------------------
Bike--I cleaned up both my bikes today (LUCKY my flippant road bike and SPOOKY my most awesome, amazing, crazy, favorite mountain bike). Then SPOOKY and I went on a little cruise through Rock Creek Park and parts of Bethesda. It was nice just to spin my legs out and not worry about distance/time/speed/etc. I love riding SPOOKY! Actually, I still have my bike helmet, bike shorts, and bike shoes on.

Goals--Still thinking about goals, and I want to run a fast marathon. "Fast" is faster than 3:15. I want to run for the Air Force Marathon Team. Do I have what it takes? I do have it in me, especially based on the improvement of my speed even over the past 4 months. Am I willing to make the sacrifice? I love running. But am I willing to take this to the next level?

What is required of me:
2x/day workouts some days
Getting up early before work to run
Running a LOT on the treadmill in the winter (esp if I move to Utah)
Ice baths
Controlling weight more
High mileage AND quality workouts
Regular, consistent strength and stretching program
Sacrificing social time
Going to bed earlier
Saving money for races
Maybe hiring a coach ($$)
Lots of money on shoes
Running even if my mind says "no"
Training with a core group of runners (a MUST for me)

No comments: