Sunday, April 29, 2007

Run

29 April

Run: Pike's Peak 10K
------------------------------------------------------
Run--Two quotes are appropriate for today's race. Indulge me, please.

"What we have is based upon moment-to-moment choices of what we do. In each of those moments, we choose. We either take a risk and move toward what we want, or we play it safe and choose comfort. Most of the people, most of the time, choose comfort. In the end, people either have excuses or experiences; reasons or results; buts or brilliance. They either have what they wanted or they have a detailed list of all the rational reasons why not." ~ Anonymous

"We will either find a way or make one." ~ Hannibal

I did not start out too fast. I did NOT. The gnomes staged a huge rebellion today in the lower abdoman region, yet again. Not happy about that. Pathetic thing is, I know how to prevent it from happening. But I neglected to take care of the problem and paid the price in an easily PR-able race and PR conditions. Lesson learned.

Splits
6:48 (just where I wanted to be)
7:01 (slowed down, eventually wanted to shoot for 6:59 avg)
7:04 (slight uphill)
7:22 (gnomes are thinking about it)
8:44 (AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! So much stomach pain)
7:11 (still paranoid that I would aggrevate the gnomes)
1:15 (0.2 mi, 6:15 pace)
Total time 45:29, total pace 7:19

Frustration set in because I KNOW I am capable of more. I need to think like Hannibal above and make things happen.

Kindness--Last night I chaperoned a sleepover for my youth group. I was SO tired, and slept about 4 hours that night. But I don't regret it at all. The party was my farewell from the chapter. I am really going to miss those kids. They really are special.

Kids' Race--After the 10K, I volunteered for the Toddler 50m Dash and the Kids 1K Fun Run. I had a GREAT time! I was a heat manager, AKA crowd control. I took TONS of pictures of them for my running club, since we sponsored the race.

Volunteering at the Kids' Race with MCRRC!

1 comment:

E-Speed said...

you look great! You put in a good effort and that's always a good thing. You'll grab the PR next time!