Friday, April 20, 2007

March in Review

Swim: 4400 yd
Bike: 39 mi
Run: 82.8 mi
------------------------------------------------------
Swim--I blew off swimming a lot in March. I didn't go while Colin was in town, and then I went to Israel. Then I blew off swimming so I could work on my thesis. It was a deliberate decision I made.

Bike--Same reasons as above. I did commute via SPOOKY every day, but I just don't keep track of that mileage. I missed riding LUCKY on the trainer though... My cycling was going very well for February, and then I just fell off the horse. Time to move the riding outside now!

Run--I did manage to get all the long runs in, and I skipped an entire 5K (which was surprisingly difficult). The workouts I did do were right on track and were all quality. I'm confident that after I recover from Boston, I can jump into quality workouts at the same speed and intensity. Those workouts were worth their weight in gold, and then some. Those are going to become a staple over the summer in preparation for Boston next year.

Goals--Are these excuses?
1) I DQ'd in the 200 fly, feet came apart pushing off the wall. Now, I practice turns while swimming fly. There are no more swim meets. Do I just take this off the list and move on?

2) I haven't run a 5K or anything longer yet.

3) I ran 7:19 pace for the 10 miler, which is slower than 7:15 pace. I learned to start further in front of my corral. Do I just take this off my list again?

4) I am moving somewhere this summer, but the Air Force hasn't decided yet. Therefore, I cannot sign up for an olympic distance triathlon race simply because I don't know if I can be there. Was this a reasonable goal? Do I take this off the list?

5) Again, I don't know where the Air Force is going to send me, and I could move as soon as next week. I don't have the funds to sign up for races I can't participate in. Do I take this off the list too? Do I start another list? I am confused!

It's time for some new goals.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1) Just because there's no event doesn't mean you can't achieve your goal! Get a swim friend to time you then cross this one off :)
2) Keep it on - 5K's are plentiful so there'll be another soon.
3) Keep it on - sub 7.15 is your goal, don't give up on it and don't accept any less.
4) I don't know if it's reasonable, but being a military person also, I know what spanners can be throw into the works. Keep it on the list.
5) Same as 4. Keep it on the list.

If you can't see the pattern, my thoughts are that the list wasn't made just to strike things off it... it was to acomplish these things. They might take more time that you thought, but it if it was easy, everyone would do it.

Best of luck,
Ann