Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Rest

17 April
.
Rest
------------------------------------------------------
Trip home--Here's the post-finish line timeline:
2:30 finish the race
3:30 head down to the airport
4:00 check in for 5:00 non-stop to DC, flight is cancelled, must go standby
6:20 flight to DC (last one) is delayed until 11:10
10:00 I move from #3 on standby list to #8
11:10 standby passengers #1-7 make it onto the plane
11:15 Steph is sore, still hasn't showered, and calls boyfriend's brother begging for a place to stay, told to come back for 6:00AM flight to DC
12:00AM arrive at boyfriend's bro's house after meeting them for the first time
.
Next day--More flying fun
4:45AM leave for airport after ~3 hours of restless sleep
5:00 go through security, flight is oversold
5:30 am told to "volunteer" to be bumped or I would be "voluntold"
5:31 accept $250 voucher, rerouted through Raleigh, NC back to DC
8:30 board flight
12:30 eventually land in DC (through NC)
2:00 arrive at home from Metro (slooooow walk!)

Thoughts--I had a GREAT race. Given the weather, my experimental training plan, my crazy schedule, etc, I am SO happy with my time, and I had fun. That's the important part. Travelling... well, that's another story!
.
21+ hours of travel. I am FRIED!

Lonely bag after not getting on the DC flight!

Happy to be on my flight home... FINALLY!

No comments: