Thursday, October 26, 2006

Run

26 Oct

Run: 3.5 mi
-------------------------------------------------------
Run--Holy moly, my new running shoes arrived today in the mail, the newest edition to the family! My reward for my thesis protocol (finally) being approved by the human use review board is a new pair of Brooks Cascadias. Since I'm fully in taper mode, my run today was a short little ditty around the block, a perfect day to take the shoes on a maiden voyage.

Shoe Review--Have you ever had a puppy (or two)? Do you remember that face they give you when they BEG you to take them outside for a walk?? My shoes gave me that same puppy face when I opened the box. Do you remember how puppies' tails wag and flop uncontrollably when you finally take them on a walk, how happy they are? Oh, my shoes' tails were a-waggin'! I can tell you, these shoes are a trip! I just hope I say that 50 miles later in just over three weeks... I have a feeling the dogs will be a-barkin'!

Race--Less than 3 days until MCM. Tomorrow morning I am going to jet over to the DC Armory to do the packet pick-up thing. I actually lost sleep last night due to anxiety. I am very, very excited. Just need to relax...

PS--I will be wearing the tried-and-true purple Asics (with the proverbial 75 miles on them) for the big dance on Sunday!

1 comment:

Dave said...

Good luck in your marathon!