Sunday, October 01, 2006

Run

1 Oct

Run: 8+ mi
------------------------------------------------------
Run--I finally made it to my first 100 mile week. I still can't decide if this was ridiculously bold or ridiculously stupid. Either way, it was a great experiment, and I survived. Injury free!!! My average pace was faster than 9:00/mi, which is cool too.

Safety--Ok, I go on and on and on and on about stupid drivers that I HATE here in Bethesda. Well, this morning on my way back home on my run I saw a guy get hit by a car on his bike. It scared the living shit out of me. I am not kidding. I was the first person to reach this guy. No, he was NOT wearing a helmet though. A stupid moron ass hole idiot butt plug girl ran a stop sign and plowed into the side of this guy! I was about 20 feet away. I will never forget that crunching sound... LUCKILY the man was ok, and I am still thanking Our Source of Life for that. Holy cow... Ok, Bethesda drivers, you're now on my LIST!!!

1 comment:

Spokane Al said...

Steph,

Wow, you are definitely doing world class, professional numbers of miles. I was also glad to read in your story that the guy it by the car was okay. That must have been very scary for both you and him!

Good luck in your races. It looks like that between now and Thanksgiving you will be having a busy race season.