Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Rest

31 Oct

Rest
-------------------------------------------------------
Rest--Once again, I rode my bike all over town, which felt pretty good. When crossing the street (AKA playing Frogger in Bethesda), I hustled/"jogged" across the street in my attempt to avoid becoming a hood ornament. Let's just say the quads aren't quite ready to rejoin Team Steph yet.

Goals--Although I have many goals pertaining to all aspects of my life (career, spiritual, social, etc), this time and space seems appropriate to reflect upon and reevaluate my athletic goals. I am 2 for 3 so far (listed in my profile). Each day is another opportunity to work on making goal #3 for the season (finishing JFK 50 Miler) a success. This leads me to the...

Project--I have learned so much in the past year about triathlon, marathon, and snowshoe it's ridiculous. My project is to train for an entire year for a blazing fast (for me) marathon next fall. I will disclose the time later, after I figure out what is truly realistic. This year's experiment was testing my body with the higher mileage and my mind with longer tempo runs, which I think worked beautifully. This is the first time I will attempt to look ahead past the spring marathon at a speedy fall marathon. My project is challenging, extremely flexible, and the variety will keep me motivated. I am very excited! Here's the rough draft of my 2007 project:

Late Dec/Jan--Maintain base, lots of x-training, swim 200 fly, snowshoe!!!
Jan-Apr--Experiment with FIRST method for Boston (run just for FUN, no time goal), lots of short/fast intervals and shoot for 5K/10K PR (sub-7:00 pace goal)
Jan-May--Increase x-train volume for kick-butt Oly tri (sub-2:45, yay!)
Jun-Jul--Test speed in short races, Oly tri race, transition x-train volume to run mileage
Jul-Nov--Marathon training (similar to what I did this time, higher/more consistant mileage)
Nov--Crazy fast marathon!

No comments: