Wednesday, October 04, 2006

September in Review

Swim: 20520 yd (11.6 miles)
Bike: 18.8 mi
Run: 255.6 mi
Strength/Core: 6
------------------------------------------------------
Swim--Probably could have done more swimming, especially after the longer, harder runs. It's a great x-training activity for now during this crazy running mileage. After the marathon, it will be time to focus on my 200m fly debut!

Bike--I am NOT going to ride my bike anymore until I move out of Bethesda. I commute 2 miles a day to class/work on SPOOKY (the trusty mountain bike), and that's enough for me. It's a shame, because I really like riding. I just don't like staring death panim el panim.

Run--This is where it's at. I think I'm on track to requalify for Boston at Marine Corps in a few weeks. In Sept I had a 73.7 mi week, a 77.3 mi week, and a 100+ mile week (with an easy week of about 20 mi). Some good pace workouts were run too. This week is an easy week, a race, one more long run, then it's taper time! Discipline during the taper weeks is the hardest!!!

Strength/Core--Yes, I did sacrifice some core work to run more miles. I admit, by the time I got home from these runs I would eat and just zone out. GI issues cramp my core workout style (pun intended yet again!). I'm excited to start a hard-core strength training routine after the marathon. I like throwing the weights around! I also like being able to do a bunch of pull-ups. It's an ego thing, I guess.

No comments: