Monday, November 27, 2006

Core, Stretching

27 Nov

Core: 17 min
Stretching: 10 min
------------------------------------------------------
Core--These exercises do the trick during a study break while watching a movie! It seems like my core is the only body part that actually works right now!

Nutrition--I have been logging my meals ahead of time in the USDA Food Pyramid website to track my nutrients and caloric intake. There are many food tracking websites out there, and this one is my favorite. You can even input pretty specific types of exercise as well.

Stretching--It feels like my body is falling apart, even after so many days off! Maybe this is exactly what it needs. My mind is anxious to run, but this body is still in the healing process (from something). Stretching really does help everything feel a lot better.

Motivation--I'm excited to start up some harder marathon/triathlon base training again, which is a really good sign. I am putting off nailing down my training plan, my goals, and my upcoming race season for just a few more weeks. It's just as important to rest the mind and push this stuff away for a while to play as it is to give my body a break. 2007 is going to be exciting!

No comments: