Wednesday, November 01, 2006

October in Review

Swim: 11100 yd (6.3 miles)
Bike: 22.5 mi
Run: 183.8 mi
Strength/Core: 0
------------------------------------------------------
Swim--Masters swimming went by the wayside for a while since I was doing a lot of my running at the same time. This 200 fly debut is coming up quick! I came up with a plan to swim with more frequency over the next few months. It's time to concentrate on this race and work on technique. Also on my list of things-to-do is create some focused swim workouts and lists of drills. I seem to forget them when I'm in the water.

Bike--Every time I ride my bike, it seems to aggravate the same muscle I injured last June when I had that stupid bike fit. I lowered my seat considerably, and it feels a LOT better, but I can still feel it. The very top part of my calf/lower back of knee is killing me still. LUCKY needs a new saddle pronto! I do ride SPOOKY to the hospital several times a week though, without any problems! Sometime this winter I will also buy a trainer and come up with some good drills and workouts.

Run--Lots of hard pace workouts, lots of miles, a weird taper and a MARATHON! I didn't do as well as I had wanted to in the race, but I still think I ran a smart race. I ran a good Army 10 Miler. That race might show that I have some untapped potential. It's critical to stay focused on the JFK 50 Miler though. Two and a half weeks away...

Strength--Wow, I just let that go. BAD idea. This winter I'm psyched to throw some weights around again. I miss those guys at the front desk at the gym!

No comments: