Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Swim, Run

8 Nov

Swim: 4800 yd
Run: 6.4 mi
------------------------------------------------------
Swim: Emphasis on freestyle drills and kicking today, not as much fly this time. Must develop those hip flexors and abs! Lunchtime is the BEST time to swim.

Warm-up 400 SKPS

Set 1 (drills)
4x100 IM
10x100 free (50 drill/50 swim)
50 EZ

Set 2 (aerobic)
5x200 free w/paddles
50 EZ

Set 3 (sprints)
8x25 fly
4x25 br

Set 4 (kick w/fins)
12x100 (3xIM order)
100EZ

Run--Today's run was wonderful! It was drizzling just a bit and then it turned into this really eery fog! I only saw a handful of runners out on the trail, which is quite a difference from this past summer. The leaves are changing colors (the red is my favorite). I averaged ~8:40/mi, which felt pretty good, although the legs are still pretty tired. My mind needed this run today too. I need to remember to leave earlier (before 4:00) since the sun sets a lot sooner.

2007 Race Calendar--I'm trying to put this thing together, but it's proving to be a difficult task given my move to Texas sometime this summer. Well, a lot of races occur in the summer. Basically May and June are huge black holes, which is a huge bummer. Maybe the Air Force will give me a more definitive answer in January. I'm toying with the idea of running the San Antonio Marathon as my main race for 2007. Time to do my running homework!

1 comment:

E-Speed said...

Hey! I am traveling with some running friends but none of us have crew. I am really wishing I would have organized someone to help me to at least take my road shoes to the half way point.

Do you think I will be okay in trail shoes the whole way? My trail shoes aren't too bulky but I do notice the grippage a bit on the road. Not sure that is bad, just different :)

I would definitely be interested in seeing the packet your coach put together if you wouldn't mind sharing!

Drop me an email at ehiser at sbcglobal dot net

Talk to you soon!

Way to go on all the cross training. I feel like such a slacker!