Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Run, Core

14 Nov

Run: 6.4 mi
Core: 13:30 min
------------------------------------------------------
Run--Today was beautiful, and I thought it would be a good idea to run in the Brooks today, since we're going to become best friends on Saturday.

Core--Mom called me, so I did my own core exercise routine while on the phone with her. Exercise balls are the best! I did 6 mini sets of 3 exercises (2 abs/oblique, 1 back) each in 0:45 intervals.

Nutrition--My little "rules" for eating seem to be working well. 1) Eating a piece of fruit before lunch, 2) eating/drinking a serving of dairy before lunch, 3) eating a raw vegetable salad with/for lunch or dinner. If I manage to plan my menus around those rules, I find I eat a lot better throughout the day!

Race Nutrition--I just bought 2 new Clif Bar flavors: Caramel Apple Cobbler and Spiced Pumpkin Pie! I can't WAIT to eat those during the 50 miler this weekend! I have a good idea of what my stomach can handle, so now's the time to start planning my JFK 50 Miler 10 course meal out there!

No comments: