Thursday, November 16, 2006

Swim

16 Nov

Swim: 3800 yd
------------------------------------------------------
Swim--Yay for masters swimming! It's always interesting when our coach allows us to work on a particular stroke in a set. All the backstrokers came today, while I was the only fly girl (hahahaha!). Most of the sets were anaerobic, which was a nice switch. I had an opportunity to practice that 200 fly today!

JFK 50 Miler--It hasn't set in yet that I'm running this silly race. It's almost midnight, I'm not even CLOSE to being ready to hop into bed, this place is a mess, and tomorrow is going to be NUTS! A very awesome runner is looking to run a sub-10:00, and she definitely can and will! For me, Saturday is just going to be an awesome time with 2000 of my best friends (if we don't know each other now, I'm sure we're going to be really friendly after 10+ hours on this course). I'd rather finish in one piece and get ready to start my experimental training project for Boston rather than totally thrash myself and hate life. Plus I'm on a negative split kick anyway!

Shabbat--Yes, the race is on Shabbat. But I will have challah and the whole nine yards. I'm not sure if this is what God had in mind, but I think I can make it work. My project for tomorrow will be trying to tie running into a d'var Torah for Chayei Sarah (well, not the part at the very beginning where Sarah dies...!). This will be a memorable Shabbat for sure!

No comments: