Sunday, November 12, 2006

Run

11 Nov

Run: 5 mi
------------------------------------------------------
Run--My aunt and I ran all around the Mall in DC, which was a neat way for her to see all the monuments. She likes her 10:00/mi pace, which was just fine with me since it feels like the muscles in my legs are ripping apart. It was amazing to see all the veterans assembled out on the Mall. Especially inspiring was the WWII memorial, honoring veterans from our Greatest Generation reflecting upon their memories of the war. I feel so proud and connected to them in such a special way. No, I haven't deployed (yet!), but I can't help but wonder of my patriotism and my love for America is a reflection of their bravery, courage, and pride. I hope so.

WWII Memorial, Washington, DC

Steph's Aunt and Steph in DC

No comments: