Sunday, September 03, 2006

August in Review

Swim: 38220 yd (21.7 miles)
Bike: 147.0 mi
Run: 166.8 mi
Strength/Core: 8
------------------------------------------------------
Swim--I had a GREAT swim at IronGirl, my best for an open water swim ever. And it was without a wetsuit. My average distance per week was higher due to a running injury I hit the pool more often. One more lake swim for the season, then I'd like to concentrate on swimming some early spring meets. One of my goals for next season is to finish the 200 fly (and not DQ).

Bike--Well, LUCKY and I still have this relationship, two dominant personalities duking it out. Needless to say, I need to spend more time on the bike, but right now it's not that important to me. I won't be allowed to ride a bike in my marathon.

Run--I only had one week where I didn't meet my running mileage goal, which I am totally ok with. I have had some quality workouts throughout the month and a good mix of races and long runs. Doing some more pace work would be a good idea, just to build confidence, but I still have 9 weeks left. Hydration gets me every time. When am I am going to learn?! But I really love running, and I'm really excited to race this marathon in a few short weeks. Not to mention the amount of money that has already been raised for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Core--My weakest link. Just keep plugging away, girl. It'll come.

No comments: