Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Run, Core

5 Sept

Run: 90 min
Core: 13 min
------------------------------------------------------
Run--10 min warm-up, 60 min fartlik run, 20 min recovery on the roads through Bethesda. I rained pretty hard all day today, which made my morning bicycle commute interesting! It was nice to run under the clouds after being cooked inside-out over the past few weeks. I wore a short-sleeve shirt and my new running capri tights, and I LOVE them! It would be nice to wear this exact outfit for the JFK 50 Miler. There was no method to the fartlik; I just sprinted from landmark to landmark, like a kid. It was a lot of fun! Also, I know I ran faster than 10:00/mile, but I'll just estimate the run at 9 miles anyway.

Core--4 x set. A set is 1:10 of each exercise: front abs, obliques, back. I switch up the exercises for each muscle group, but I keep the muscle order the same.

Bike--I love my mountain bike, especially my daily commute. I've only flown off that bike twice, and it treats me good. His name is SPOOKY. LUCKY, on the other hand, still cops an attitude. I had to change another flat tire today, and I didn't even ride him! I inspected my rim and the tire, and nothing. The tubes like to flat out because it's the cool thing to do. Luckily I found the hole in the tube. I'll just buy a patch kit and fix it up. This bike WILL cooperate eventually! Just needs some love.

No comments: