Monday, December 04, 2006

November in Review

Swim: 28000 yd (15.9 mi)
Bike: 80.0 mi
Run: 81.3 mi
Strength/Core: 4
------------------------------------------------------
Swim--This distance was about average. I had a week or two with zero swimming due to recovery from a looooong race, but I made it up the following weeks with some good recovery distance. December distance will be lower (vacation!), but hopefully my focus on fly and aerobic sets in November will help me accomplish my goal of finishing the 200 fly in a winter meet.

Bike--Most of the bike miles were from my daily commute, which is my favorite part of the day. I went on a few leisurely rides with some friends through DC which were a lot of fun. In January I am going to buy a bike trainer and go nuts riding LUCKY all winter and most of spring. The latest discovery was Cabin John Trail in Bethesda, which is a very nice beginner mountain bike trail. It was so fun!!! My mountain bike SPOOKY might be seeing some more miles in the winter months also. I LOVE that bike.

Run--Holy moly, I haven't run in almost 3 weeks straight! Of the 81+ miles in November, 50 of those were in ONE race. Running is going on the backburner right now until I'm 100% healed (right leg still being completely stupid). I'm also storing up motivation and mental excitement in my non-running weeks in order to avoid burnout from the crazy training plan I crafted a few weeks ago for the next season.

Strength/Core--I didn't lift weights at all in November, but I did do a few core workouts. This number was also lower because of post-50-miler recovery. My main goal is to increase this number for December (I will be creative while on my vacation, trust me).

No comments: