Sunday, December 10, 2006

Run, Bike, Stretching, Core

10 Dec

Run: Jingle Bell Jog 8K
Bike: 26 min (7.5 mi)
Stretching: 10 min
Core: 20 min
------------------------------------------------------
Run--The Jingle Bell Jog is a fun time had by all. My only goals were to finish and enjoy running again. I took it REALLY easy at the beginning, just catching up with some runners I recognized from the JFK 50 Miler. Then I just started picking it up along the way. Final time was about 38:54 for the 8K, which isn't too bad for slacking off.

Goals--I still don't have my long-term goals yet, but that doesn't stop me from having weekly ones! My weekly goals (Mon-Sun) included:

-8000 yd swimming
-Strength 3x
-5 hrs of cardio (whatever I wanted to do, not including swimming)
-Lots of tiny thesis and rabbinical school application goals

And I accomplished all of them! I don't do well on one of those schedules which dictates what one must do every single day. This summer I experimented with a training plan based on weekly miles (swim-bike-run), distributed throughout the week however I wanted to do it.


Steph and Adam post-race

One more for good measure

No comments: