Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Run

17 Dec

Run: AZ Road Racers Desert Classic 30K Relay
------------------------------------------------------
Run--It was so cold in AZ!!! (And I'm a South Dakota native!) We're slow, what can I say?! But we had a good time, and were absolutely crushed by just about every team. It didn't help that we each ate about 3500+ calories the night before at my sister's graduation party! Man, my grandma can cook!

KINGS OF THE ROAD 2:44:36
Dad M-44 0:29:14
Sister F-23 1:00:31
Steph F-24 0:47:59
Mom F-44 0:26:30

It was an out and back for each person, and a 5K, 10K, 10K, 5K. The 5K people turned around and headed back toward the start at 1.55 mi and my sister and I turned around at the 5K mark for our 10K distance. It was uphill and with a huge headwind, but after the turnaround, we just flew down! I think my mom negative splitted her 5K by 3-4 min, that's how bad it was! Wow, my 10K time was only 4 seconds slower that my 10K PR! How slow! Something to work on... Who knows what the rest of the vacation is going to look like Hopefully I can just stay hydrated and do something now and then. I'm enjoying this time off!

No comments: