Saturday, December 30, 2006

Run

30 Dec

Run: 6.4 mi
------------------------------------------------------
Run--Ah, a nice run through the streets of Bethesda! It was beee-u-tiful this afternoon! Other than some really bad heartburn (not sure what caused that), it was a good run. The drinking fountain was still on, which makes me wonder which other ones are still on. Winter marathon training is always so ridiculously hard for me.

Music--(for blogger friend Ann who leaves nice comments!) On short runs or gym workouts I usually listen to fun stuff (Ace of Base, Barenaked Ladies, soundtrack to Spamalot, Franz Ferdinand, dance/house music, Manhattan Transfer). I teach a Jewish music class, so I have lots of that stuff too that I really like (LeeVees, Eric Komar, Robbi Sherwin, Moshav, Ashira, Hadag Nachash). Before a race, to pump myself up I listen to some specific songs: V'ahavta by Eric Komar, Four Brothers by Manhattan Transfer, Beautiful Life by Ace of Base, Ushti Baba by Golem. When I'm running 26.2 miles, I want my brain to be full of songs I love so I can just go through them in my head so I don't think about the pain and suffering. I don't think about splits, eating, or anything. Just the songs. It's much more fun that way!

More Vacation Recap-- Fun times with the family, THE HEAD (we had fun with that graduation head for the entire vacation), dogsitting a golden retriever puppy.

Ok, I'm SOOOO not ready for children!!!

Puppy! Now that's more like it!

Steph, "the Graduate" (AKA Grandma), and my sis

Puppy torture!!! Ha ha!

Ah, family photo at Saguaro Ranch Park (my childhood playplace)

"The Graduate" (AKA "The HEAD" AKA Grandma) and the women

No comments: