Thursday, February 15, 2007

Bike

15 February

Bike AM: 15 mi (1 hr)
Bike PM: 30 mi (2 hr)
------------------------------------------------------
Bike--Garrison Keillor is the best way to endure any trainer ride.

Frozen--I usually go to masters swim practice on Thursdays, but my car was literally frozen to the parking lot asphalt. I have no idea how to pry my car free, which makes me somewhat paranoid. I can't even back my car out because the wall of snow left by the plow is rock solid and will crush my bumper. That stuff isn't moving. Gotta love ice-on-snow-turned-to-ice-and-then-covered-in-sleet. Tomorrow I'm taking boiling water to the ice to free the tires and hubcaps, at least. Maybe I can find some sand or dirt...

Wheels stuck in the ice-snow-ice-sleet-snow-ice

You said it! (from this website)

3 comments:

Tri-Dummy said...

Steph...
Stumbled onto your blog...it's great!

Good luck getting your car out...I live in Nebraska (35" of snow so far this winter) so you'll be getting no pity from me! :)

Loved that you ran the USMC Marathon...Ooooh Raaaaah.

Jay aka: Tri-Dummy

i am Susan said...

Oh No!! Here in Calgary we we had a really cold week and a lot of snow dumped on us, but now we have a chinook and everything is melting fast.
Good luck with the boiling water...hopefully that'll work.

Benson said...

Hey Steph, Tri-Dummy and Susan, Lucky you have snow, probably too much. I'm suffering in central MN right now with barely 6 inches on the ground and I'm trying to train for a 50K ski race. Good thing I have my tri workouts to fall back on but I really do love xc skiing. you?