Thursday, February 01, 2007

January in Review

Swim: 17150 yd (9.7 mi)
Bike: 179.0 mi
Run: 126.0 mi
Strength/Core: 5
------------------------------------------------------
Swim--The pool closed in mid-January, and it's STILL not open! I'm scared to death because my only swim meet this season is this Sunday. My goal is to finish the 200 fly without DQ-ing, and it would be nice to have some more time. Oh well, crunch time is here, so let's do it!

Bike--This is my focus area for this season. This is WAY more time than I normally spend on my bike, so yay! This is the first time my bike miles have exceeded my running miles. I am still learning more drills, and the trainer isn't boring at all. LUCKY is still tempermental (flats, adjustments, etc), but this relationship may work after all.

Run--The FIRST training program started off pretty rough, missing some workouts here and there. But thankfully my focus isn't speed, but consistency. I really surprised myself already; I managed to break my mile PR 4 times and my 800 PR more times than that. The few sub-7:00/mile pace tempo runs really shocked me too. I have learned so much in the past year. It's fun to apply those lessons to something new and even more challenging.

Strength--Just need to do more. But I can definitely feel my efforts have been paying off out on the track. Pushups will likely become the focus over the next few months as our annual physical fitness test is coming up in April. Shooting for that 100% again! Aim High!

No comments: