Friday, February 09, 2007

Run

9 February

Run: 9.3 mi
------------------------------------------------------
Run--This was the first time that I didn't wear enough warm clothes during a run. I froze the entire time, and the run was miserable. All day I was completely exhausted for no apparent reason. It was awful and weird. Then I decided to do my "long" run (the FIRST plan calls for a shorter long run this week), and I just couldn't make it the whole way. Oh well, I'll try again later.

Training--As I was running I was thinking about the benefits of high running mileage vs. this program I am trying right now. Those super high mileage weeks really strengthened my legs in a crazy way. I am seriously wondering if running only 3 times per week is going to provide the strength my legs are going to need after pounding pavement for 20+ miles during the marathon. That's something x-training can't help with, in my opinion. Thoughts?

No comments: