Saturday, February 03, 2007

Run

3 February

Run: 18.5 mi
------------------------------------------------------
Run--Oh, the sun was beautiful today! Still freezing, but very sunny. Also, today was the maiden voyage in the new shoes (Reebok Road Plus III). The insole gave me a mini blister on my right arch, but the shoes are like running on a cloud. Perfect for those who need medium amount of support with a LOT of cushion. We'll see how they fare a few hundred miles later. Right now, I'm happy.

Nutrition--I need to eat more food in smaller intervals. Last night I was so freezing, so I drank some tea and ate some soup (with about 1/2 bag of frozen veggies added) and went straight to bed. Then I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast and a small handful of dried fruits and veggies in the early afternoon. Then I came home and ate 1/2 a potato. That is definitely not enough food to sustain an 18+ mile run. I haven't been running with gels either. Saturdays are hard because services are so long. Major bonking almost happened today.

Perfect Day--After the past few weeks of bad news and doctors' appointments, it was nice to have a perfect day. Here's what a perfect day looks like: Yom Shabbat -- wake up without an alarm, movie in the AM (A Mighty Wind), leading the Torah service and chanting the longest Haftarah of the year, learning in a Pirkei Avot class, long run, hot shower, sushi, reading, bedtime! Yesssssss!

Freak out!--Tomorrow is the SWIM MEET! Time to (hopefully) knock out a goal!!!

Splits
1.7 mi, 14:35
3 mi, 26:21
3 mi, 25:59
3 mi, 24:00
1.5 mi, 11:54
1.5 mi, 12:35
3 mi, 24:48
1.8 mi, 14:13
Total time 2:34:28, total pace 8:22

No comments: