Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Run, Swim, Core

15 Aug

Run: 6.5 mi
Swim: 3700 yd
Core: 14 min
------------------------------------------------------
Run--Splits: 1.7 mi (14:20), 1.55 mi (12:32), 1.55 mi (12:27), 1.7 (12:41), total time 52:02 for avg pace 8:00/mi. For some reason, it felt ridiculously hot out there. It took a while for my body to remember what it felt like to run. I need to be drinking a lot more fluids! Today's run was pretty good, and I think most of my runs now need to be at this pace if I can do it. It didn't feel too hard, except for the heat.

Swim--It was a shorter set at masters practice today, which was ok with me. Again, it took me a while to warm up (I didn't make it to the pool early before practice). Fly is getting better every time! I need to figure out how to keep my feet under the water; I smack the surface. Freestyle is coming along (avg 200 yd pace is 3:25 now). Right arm is coming along; keep that elbow high and reach!

Core--3 sets. 1:10 of abs/obliques/back/push-ups for a total of 12 exercises.

Log--One may notice that I don't have my training plan posted. I like using this blog thing as a measurement of what I am actually doing instead of comparing what I should be doing to what I am actually doing. Yes, there is value in that, but I would rather focus on what I have done to see where I can reasonably go.

No comments: