Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Run

16 Aug

Run AM: 3.5 mi
Run PM: 15.5 mi
------------------------------------------------------
Run AM--I ran the Huntington loop. Nothing exciting to report. I drank a many a fluid throughout the day, and I feel good!

Run PM--Ran the Rock Creek Park Trail to the Capital Crescent Trail for 9 miles (first 8 at 1:08). Met up with the TNTers to run another 5, then 1.7 on home. My knee started feeling a bit weird with 2 miles left, but stretching and ice will cure all! Stretching really helps. My body craves food! Yum!

Goals--I don't want to completely abandon my goal of 3:25 at MCM, but I want to be realistic. Those 8:30's weren't that easy in the first miles of my second run today. I think training to qualify for Boston is totally legitimate, but there's a big difference between 3:25 and 3:40. A Goal--3:25, B Goal--3:40, C Goal--sub-4:00! That sounds totally reasonable! Should marathon pace runs be somewhat easy? I have no idea! Every marathon is a different animal.

No comments: