Thursday, August 17, 2006

Swim, Core

17 Aug

Swim: 5100 yd
Core: 13 min
------------------------------------------------------
Swim--I love swimming with the masters team, I really do. Lately I have to go early and swim beforehand because the workouts our coach has lined up aren't long enough (one killer workout last week was an exception!). I like to swim 1000 yd before practice, and if the entire set isn't 4000 yd, I'll swim with paddles until I reach a total of 5000 yd. Swimming with paddles, especially when I'm already tired, helps tremendously! I have been trying to swim the IM drills/sets with the Gold group, but my freestyle just isn't there yet. But I told my coach I would try my hardest at every practice. I want to be "comfortable" in Gold before I am reassigned to a new base! Oh, pull-ups are really hard to do after swimming a lot; do them beforehand!

Nutrition--I have been eating a lot 'better.' I have lots of good foods in my house: melon, milk, low-fat cottage cheese, peaches, walnuts. I have only been eating when I am truly hungry. It's all good. I admit, I get sick of drinking liters of water all day, so I will allow myself to drink whatever I want. Yes, it's extra calories, but I would rather have extra calories and be super-hydrated than not want to drink water. I drink Gatorade, OJ, and chocolate milk throughout the day, but mostly water. We would probably have world peace if every single person in the world was properly hydrated.

No comments: