Wednesday, January 03, 2007

December in Review

Swim: 12200 yd
Bike: 54.7 mi
Run: 55.5 mi
Strength/Core: 6
------------------------------------------------------
Swim--Going to Phoenix on vacation didn't help my cause. I do feel like my focus on endurance fly and freestyle catch/pull technique has REALLY paid off!!! Perhaps more importantly, I am not afraid of going to the pool anymore. I can handle the 5000+ yd high-intensity (fly-focused) workouts.

Bike--Whatever! I LOVE mtn biking! SPOOKY is the best bike EVER! It was ridiculously fun to play out on Cabin John Trail those few times. No biking in Phoenix though.

Run--My right leg was really, really bothering me; that same stupid injury thing from this past summer. And then my foot exploding during the 50 miler wasn't exactly what I needed either. But it was fun to start building up slowly again. The relay race with the fam in AZ was SOOOOO fun! I think the most fun part about it was listening to everyone whine a lot! I can whine with the best of 'em!

Strength--My focus needs to be CORE-CORE-CORE! I definitely felt the benefit during the rock climbing I did with my sister in AZ. Still lots of room for improvement. Legs will be the focus with some arms thrown in on off-swim days.

No comments: