Thursday, January 04, 2007

Swim

4 January

Swim: 4400 yd
------------------------------------------------------
Swim--There is definitely some nasty bug going around everywhere, and the pool probably wasn't the smartest place to be. Practice went well, a smattering of fly (my choice), freestyle aerobic set, and lots of kicking. I need to work on my catch/pull a lot more. Paddles are going to come in handy to build strength. In the past I used my arms to pull me through the water. Now my swimming has matured to the point where I feel my arm staying in the same place in the water and my body gliding across, utilizing more core muscles. How great is that?!

New Year--My new year was a few months ago; the Gregorian year is a convenient place marker for progress, that's all. Some blogs are all about "new year's resolutions" and some totally denounce them. I read one blog where he outlined his goals and then his resolution was to look at his goals every 3 months. Why have goals if they have the potential to be easily forgotten? Goals should be everywhere--posted in the bathroom, above the kitchen sink, on your desk, above your TV, on your bike, next to your swim gear, in your shoes, in your wallet! Goals need to be examined everyday or they become worthless. My goals stare at me in the face everyday, and they have for the past 10+ years. Even olympians talk about how prominant their goals are in their lives. I'm obsessed about goals, and I find my life has more meaning if they are a constant reminder in my life.

No comments: