Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Rest

24 January

Rest
------------------------------------------------------
Rest--Yes, tonight is track night, but I'm not going. This morning I found out a friend and a classmate at West Point died in Iraq this past Monday. I was in his company (A-1 Axeman!) when I was on an exchange program from the Air Force Academy to West Point for a semester during my junior year. He was a super, super nice guy and 100% genuine human being. We miss him tremendously. It's been a long day, I'm exhausted, and bed time is at 7:00 tonight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, so sorry to hear about your friend. You sound like you're wearing yourself out a bit lately... I gather you like to keep busy, but keep enough time for yourself. All the best, Ann

Steph said...

Hello, Ann.

Thanks so much for your kind words.

A quote from Remember the Titans: "There's a fine line between tough and crazy, and your flirting with it." -Coach Yoast We only improve when we have the guts to try something new and really hard while acknowledging and pushing aside our fear. But it takes maturity and common sense to know when to pull back.

We have the rest of our days to make up a track workout. It's not everyday we need to take time out to mourn the loss of a good friend.

Thanks again for your support.
-Steph

Old School Runner said...

Steph,

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. Training can wait. We need to remember those who are gone, and how they enriched our lives.

All the best,

K