Sunday, January 07, 2007

Swim, Strength, Bike

7 January

Swim: 2000 yd
Strength: Legs, lats, triceps, back
Bike: 8 mi (30 min)
------------------------------------------------------
Swim--My weekly goal was 8000 yd for the week, and I squeeked by. 600 SKPS, 4x100IM, 500 fr w/ paddles, 500 fly kick.

Strength--Pullups have gone by the wayside, and it's time to bring them back. Also, my lats are the "limiting reagent" in the swimming equation. I will probably focus on lats, back, and legs for the next few weeks. And abs too, but just not today.

Bike--My other goal was 4 hours of bike this week, which I finished up today on my trainer. Each ride with LUCKY is better than the last.

Motivation--I find quotes all over the place and compile them. This blog summarizes one of my favorite ones. Yes, this blog is boring (and somewhat existential), but come April (and beyond), the writer will have some wicked fast legs and strong engine. No excuses. Only results.

"What we have is based upon moment-to-moment choices of what we do. In each of those moments, we choose. We either take a risk and move toward what we want, or we play it safe and choose comfort. Most of the people, most of the time, choose comfort. In the end, people either have excuses or experiences; reasons or results; buts or brilliance. They either have what they wanted or they have a detailed list of all the rational reasons why not." ~Anonymous

1 comment:

Old School Runner said...

I see that you have a half-marathon coming up this weekend. I hope it does well! I've always wanted to try that race.